An easy weeknight supper that’s easy to love, super adaptable and so very fast! Make this with chicken or tofu….or some of each, and all the stray veggies you can find! Just 15 minutes of prep and then into the oven it goes to bake. Voila! So easy and full of soul-satisfying, Indian flavours, perfect for a wintery day just like today!
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 fat garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika (not smoked)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 700g chicken thighs (boneless, skinless) OR tofu “filets” about 1 inch thick
- 1 layer of vegetables, sliced or diced ½ inch thick (carrots, winter squash, sweet potato, onion, cauliflower, courgette, peppers, potatoes, aubergines, parsnips …etc.)
- olive oil
Garnish: coriander, spring onions, chutney
Serve over: basmati rice, with an Indian Naan Bread.
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Place all marinade ingredients together in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set 1/4 cup aside.
- Place chicken or tofu in a bowl ( if using both, use separate bowls) and pour remaining marinade over top reserving the 1/4 cup for basting. Set chicken/ tofu aside.
- Cut veggies to roughly ½ inch and place on a parchment lined sheet-pan. You want them fairly similar in thickness so they cook in about the same amount of time. Toss veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread out.
- Place marinated chicken/tofu over the veggies, spooning a couple teaspoons of the marinade over the veggies if you like. Go light.
- Bake 25 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Baste the chicken and tofu with a little more of the remaining marinade. Bake 10 -12 more minutes or until chicken is done and veggies are tender.
Serve over fluffy basmati rice, or with naan bread with a side of chutney!
If using chicken breasts, cooking time will shorten- baste at 20 minutes, and these should be done at 25 mins depending on size.
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, strongest version of you?
Most people know that regular movement, eating well, sleep, and stress management are important for looking and feeling better. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
That’s why we work closely with our Nutrition Coaching clients to help them lose fat, get stronger, and improve their health… no matter what challenges they’re dealing with.
If you’re ready to change your body, and your life, with help from some of the country’s best coaches, this is your chance.