Chicken and rice are just better together. Our one pot chicken and rice recipe features the addition of bright and flavourful caramelised lemons, turmeric, and dill with a fresh herb yogurt.
This one pot meal combines seasoned chicken thighs and caramelised lemons with fluffy white rice for a hearty and delicious meal. It’s big and bright, and delivers big time cosy dinner vibes with fresh and flavourful herbs. We just love this one pot chicken thighs and rice recipe with herb yogurt.
- 900g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 3 cups chicken stock
How To Make…
- Make the chicken. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season all over with 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of the smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon of the chili powder, the brown sugar, and the black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is glistening, working in batches as necessary, add the chicken in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until the chicken is lightly browned, 4-5 minutes per side. Season the chicken in the pot with the spice mixture and cook until golden all over, about 1 more minute. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the saucepan and reduce the heat to medium. Add the lemon slices in an even layer and cook until caramelised, 5-7 minutes. Transfer the lemons to the plate with the chicken. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken stock to the pan and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the saucepan. Once the oil is glistening, add the shallots and peppers and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the rice, garlic, turmeric, dill, the remaining teaspoon of salt, the remaining teaspoon smoked paprika, and the remaining teaspoon chili powder. Cook, stirring, until spices are fragrant, about another 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock and stir to combine. Return the chicken, lemons and any collected juices to the saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid has absorbed, the rice is tender, and the chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the herb yogurt. In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, coriander, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
- Divide the chicken and rice between plates. Serve the coriander yogurt on the side.
Want Help Becoming The Healthiest, Fittest, And Happiest Version Of Yourself?
How do you train these muscles to get all the benefits listed above? Work with a coach who can put together a full-body training programme that’s designed to help you accomplish your exact goals.
We’d love to talk to you about a training plan. If you’re ready to change your body, and your life, with help from some of the country’s best coaches, this is your chance.
To book a consultation today, click here!