It’s healthy, hearty, and full of classic flavours. We’ve got grilled red peppers & green onions, a zesty balsamic vinaigrette with lots of garlic and herbs, and plenty of parmesan cheese over top. You can serve it warm or cold, and it works great for leftovers…making it the perfect recipe to cook up and enjoy all week long!
You shall need…
- 650g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 red bell peppers, stemmed + halved
- 4 green onions
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 340g whole grain penne pasta
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup basil leaves, roughly torn
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
Put it together…
- Heat the grill over high heat. Coat the chicken, red peppers, and green onions in olive oil and season well with salt and black pepper. Grill the chicken and red peppers, covered, for about 6 minutes per side (or until slightly charred and cooked through) and the green onions for about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Stir in the pasta and cook according to the package’s instructions.
- Transfer everything from the grill to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the chicken against the grain, roughly chop the peppers, and slice the green onions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic. Whisk to combine. Slowly drizzle in the ½ cup of olive oil, whisking continuously. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl of vinaigrette. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken, peppers, green onions, and basil. Toss to combine. Taste and season more if needed.
- Serve the pasta salad warm with lots of parmesan cheese and black pepper over top.
Want Help Becoming The Healthiest, Fittest, Strongest Version Of You?
Most people know that regular movement, eating well, sleep, and stress management is important for looking and feeling better. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives.
That’s why we work closely with our Nutrition Coaching clients to help them lose fat, get stronger, and improve their health… no matter what challenges they’re dealing with.
If you’re ready to change your body, and your life, with help from some of the country’s best coaches, this is your chance.