Everything You Need to Make The Sweetly Spicy Sheet Pan Chicken With Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes keep for ages and chicken thighs freeze beautifully, so it’s pretty easy to have the makings of this sheet pan dinner recipe on-hand year-round. It’s not exactly a kitchen recipe, but it is one that you can easily stock the ingredients for and be able to make on the fly. In other words, it’s one of the best back-pocket, weeknight-lifesaver recipes, ever. You’ve got salt, pepper and olive oil—we know you do!—so, other than those super-staples, here’s all you’ll need to make our sweet-and-spicy chicken thigh sheet pan:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sweet potatoes
- Spices: cayenne pepper, chili powder, ground ginger, garlic powder.
Make It Restaurant-Worthy: Drizzle With Yogurt-Coriander Sauce
The sauce cools and complements the smoky spices that adorn the chicken and potatoes and, thanks to the coriander, it adds a welcome bright burst of freshness to the mix, too. To make it, simply blend:
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh lime juice
- Garlic powder
- A seeded jalapeño
- Chili powder
How To Make This Simple Chilli-Honey Chicken Thigh Dinner
Here’s how truly easy it is to make:
- Whip up a spicy honey sauce: combine honey, olive oil, cayenne, chili powder, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic powder.
- Toss the chicken thighs and sweet potatoes with the honey-chili sauce on a baking sheet.
- Bake! Then grill! Bake for 15 minutes, then grill for about five more to get a nice caramelisation situation going on both the chicken and the potatoes.
- Whiz together that yogurt-coriander sauce while the chicken broils.
- And that’s it! Dinner’s done!
Want help becoming the healthiest, fittest, and happiest version of yourself?
Most people know that regular exercise and eating well is important for looking and feeling better. Yet they need help applying that knowledge in the context of their busy, sometimes stressful lives. Over the past 10 years, we’ve used our coaching methods to help over 1,000 clients lose fat, get stronger, and improve their health… for the long term… no matter what challenges they’re dealing with.
If you’re ready to change your body, and your life, with help from some of the country’s best coaches, this is your chance.